Tropical Boheme Gallery Wall
Ready-to-Hang Gallery Wall
Available as an entire collection or as individual artworks*
Tropical Boheme - Collection 001
Inspired by tropical destinations with clear crystal blue waters and lush jewel green surroundings, exotic florals and natural raw elements.
Immerse yourself in a holiday from home with 'Tropical Boheme' - the collection that brings punchy and vibrant colour to your home, evoking a carefree, luscious and fun vibe.
Clockwise from top left
“Turquoise Ruffles” - The soft curves resembling draped fabric imply a soft, feminine look, while the matte almost gritty paint texture imbue a sculptural quality in this work. I wanted to explore perception and desire to touch in this piece.
Recycled materials; polystyrene, paper and fabric, matte acrylic. 510 x 510mm.
“Viridian Retreat” – I love the idea of diving into an artwork to reveal its layers. This work is intended to draw the viewer in, imagine the layers and deconstruct them.
Oil on board, customised frame. Framed dimensions 240 x 335mm.
“Raffia Reflection” - I wanted to bring a natural element to this collection, and also contrast the square shapes with a more organic, round object; so I hand knotted many strands of raffia and made this mirror.
Raffia, mirror. 450 x 450mm.
“Peonies on Blue” - Second to orchids, peonies are another favourite flower of mine. Their sumptuous petals allow expression in my brushwork. I painted the background a viridian-cerulean blue, to reference "Turquoise Ruffles" and "Viridian Retreat", without strictly matching.
Oil on stretched canvas, unframed. 305 x 305mm.
“Jewel Texture” - A fun exploration of colour and texture. I first layered a sculptural medium on the canvas, before going wild with pops of colour that are referenced in all works.
Mixed media, acrylic on stretched canvas, unframed. 455 x 455mm.
“Pink on Green Orchid” - Orchids are my favourite flower, and this piece was painted from a brilliantly magenta coloured orchid flowering in my home. While being a traditional subject matter, the contrasting bold colour palette and contemporary framing modernise this piece.
Acrylic on fine art watercolour paper, framed in floating Perspex poster frame with gold stand-off bolts. Artwork dimension 350x550mm, Framed dimensions 500 x 710mm.
- *Artworks are available as an entire collection (all 6 artworks), or priced individually. Where individual artworks are purchased, the entire collection will no longer be available.
- Shipping is $100 within Australia ($120 to NT and TAS).
- Delivery within Perth metro is free.
- All artworks are original and signed by artist Penny Brooshooft.
- All artworks are ready to hang.
- Floating acrylic frame on Pink and Green Orchid requires bolting to wall with supplied stand-off bolt fixtures.
- Acrylic is much safer than glass as it is less prone to breakage, and it is also lighter than traditional glass. Because it is acrylic, it can easily scratch and requires special care when cleaning and handling. If cleaning, only use a lint-free microfiber cloth. Avoid using glass cleaners that contain ammonia or alcohol, as this can damage the artwork.